Sunday, July 5, 2009

WHY OH WHY

Today was a glorious day. Went to services and praised our lord and savior Jesus. Came home and gave my daughter a ride to work. Did a little shopping. Decided to go for a hike up through the Blue Hills. In the New England region these mountains offer some of the greatest views imaginable.
Took some fantastic photos. I also did some soul searching while I enjoyed God's creations. He truly made a remarkable world for us to enjoy. When I got home my son told me a colleague from work had called. I returned the call, and I wished I hadn't. She was calling to tell me that a fellow nurse's daughter had been killed. She had died about 1:o'clock in the morning on Saturday.
The car she had been in had smashed into a tree. The driver had been drinking. So then his fiance( Mother of their 4 week old child), My friends daughter and her boyfriend got in this car to go get something to eat. Speed and alcohol came into play, and in a matter of minutes everyone but the driver had been killed. Witnesses said that the crash was so bad. The cars engine flew out of the vehicle. God then called 3 young lives home. Their ages were 20,21,2o. My friend's daughter had just started a new job the week before. She was also studying to become a paralegal. A life and a career snuffed out in a moment of time. Over a good time with alcohol.
I cannot imagine what my friend is going through right now. I know and have the faith that this young women is home with our lord.
People will ask "How can god be so cruel?" I don't believe it was God's doing to make the driver have a drink. That was his choice. I just cannot believe that it was God who made that driver speed,just so he could go and get a taco. That again was his choice. Because of the choices that he made. God let him live with the realization that he took 3 lives. My faith tells me those 2 girls and 1 boy are home in heaven. I hope and have faith that god took them quickly, and didn't let them suffer.
I pray for all the families that have been affected by this tragedy. I cannot imagine or even want too the pain they're experiencing. I ask all that read this blog ( if anyone). Hug your own family members. Please, oh please don't get behind the wheel of a car if you have been drinking. I have witnessed this tragedy over and over again. Thank you all for listening to an old mans rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment