Saturday, June 27, 2009

How quickly time goes by

Another week ends, and oh what a week it has been. First Ed McMahon Dies, then Lovely Farrah goes next, and finally Michael Jackson. Three famous individuals all in the same expanse of time. Kind of shows us all how fleeting life really is, and it doesn't matter your economic status or fame. When God calls you home, then home is where you will go. I feel for all their loved ones. The same as I feel for the loss of anyone who has lost their life a their loved ones. I work in an environment where death is always the possibility. So if my meaning comes across as flippant Then please except my sincere apologies.
I have heard in the media what a gentleman Mr McMahon was, as how very courageous Farrah handle her death. Michael Jackson was a great entertainer with a lot of his own personal demons. The media now tries to make up for vilifying him, now to make him the greatest singer of all time. Oh how are attention span has shortened. My wife's favorite saying used to be " Please don't invite certain people. Because if they couldn't say anything nice while I was alive. Then I definitely don't want them at my funeral. "
Makes you kind of wonder doesn't it. I would like to see the media( radio, television, and the press.) Do the same type of tribute for every soldier, Police officer, Firefighter to the janitor. That they're overwhelmingly doing For Michael Jackson. Only to satisfy their sense of right and wrong. I have vented long enough. May god bless all the souls we have lost this week and comfort their families as well.
"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven." Mat 6; 19, 20
Thank you all for taking time to read this, and stay tuned tomorrow a little more cheerfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment